Student died under treatment, food poisoning is suspected

Nadapuram: A student who was undergoing treatment at the hospital died due to health problems. The death is suspected to be due to food poisoning. Devatheertha, daughter of Sajeev and Shaija, died at a private hospital in Kozhikode at around 10 am today. She is a ninth class student of Valayam Govt. Higher Secondary School.

Devatheertha was with her mother at her home in Poilur. He was being treated at Thalassery Indira Gandhi Cooperative Hospital for the last two days due to vomiting and diarrhea. He was shifted to Kozhikode yesterday after his illness worsened.

Devathirtha’s body was shifted to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital Mortuary for post-mortem. The hospital authorities informed that the cause of death can be confirmed only after the post-mortem.