The National Security Agency (NIA) is all set to file a 5,000-page charge sheet in the Pulwama terror attack case, which left 40 soldiers dead. In addition to the organization’s conspiracy information, the indictment also contains details of the explosives used in the attack and the terrorists who led the attack and those who aided them.
Jaish-e-Muhammad chief Maulana Masood Azhar and other Pakistan-based planners Rauf Azhar are said to be on the list. The charge sheet will be filed in a special NIA court in Jammu. The indictment was prepared after 18 months of investigation, including scientific and digital evidence. The report quoted officials as saying that call recording, WhatsApp chats, pictures, and videos on the defendants’ phones were all recovered for investigation.
Authorities say the mastermind of the attack was Umar Farooq. He arrived in India in April 2018 and is said to have arranged the explosives. He was killed in an encounter on March 29, 2020. Kamran, an explosives expert, was also killed in the clashes. WhatsApp messages on Umar Farooq’s phone provided crucial information about the safe arrival of explosives in India via Pakistan. It is reported that video footage of militants crossing the border into India at night was also found on their mobile phones.
The country was rocked by a terrorist attack on February 14 last year. Forty CRPF jawans were killed in an attack in which a truck loaded with explosives was driven into a convoy of soldiers.